- # QMK Features
- QMK has a staggering number of features for building your keyboard. It can take some time to understand all of them and determine which one will achieve your goal.
- * [Advanced Keycodes](feature_advanced_keycodes.md) - Change layers, dual-action keys, and more. Go beyond typing simple characters.
- * [Audio](feature_audio.md) - Connect a speaker to your keyboard for audio feedback, midi support, and music mode.
- * [Auto Shift](feature_auto_shift.md) - Tap for the normal key, hold slightly longer for its shifted state.
- * [Backlight](feature_backlight.md) - LED lighting support for your keyboard.
- * [Bootmagic](feature_bootmagic.md) - Adjust the behavior of your keyboard using hotkeys.
- * [Combos](feature_combo.md) - Custom actions for multiple key holds.
- * [Command](feature_command.md) - Runtime version of bootmagic (Formerly known as "Magic").
- * [Dynamic Macros](feature_dynamic_macros.md) - Record and playback macros from the keyboard itself.
- * [Encoders](feature_encoders.md) - Rotary encoders!
- * [Grave Escape](feature_grave_esc.md) - Lets you use a single key for Esc and Grave.
- * [HD44780 LCD Display](feature_hd44780.md) - Support for LCD character displays using the HD44780 standard.
- * [Key Lock](feature_key_lock.md) - Lock a key in the "down" state.
- * [Layouts](feature_layouts.md) - Use one keymap with any keyboard that supports your layout.
- * [Leader Key](feature_leader_key.md) - Tap the leader key followed by a sequence to trigger custom behavior.
- * [LED Matrix](feature_led_matrix.md) - LED Matrix single color lights for per key lighting (Single Color, not RGB).
- * [Macros](feature_macros.md) - Send multiple key presses when pressing only one physical key.
- * [Mouse keys](feature_mouse_keys.md) - Control your mouse pointer from your keyboard.
- * [One Shot Keys](feature_advanced_keycodes.md#one-shot-keys) - Sticky Keys, lets hit a key rather than holding it.
- * [Pointing Device](feature_pointing_device.md) - Framework for connecting your custom pointing device to your keyboard.
- * [PS2 Mouse](feature_ps2_mouse.md) - Driver for connecting a PS/2 mouse directly to your keyboard.
- * [RGB Light](feature_rgblight.md) - RGB lighting for your keyboard.
- * [RGB Matrix](feature_rgb_matrix.md) - RGB Matrix lights for per key lighting.
- * [Space Cadet](feature_space_cadet_shift.md) - Use your left/right shift keys to type parenthesis and brackets.
- * [Stenography](feature_stenography.md) - Put your keyboard into Plover mode for stenography use.
- * [Swap Hands](feature_swap_hands.md) - Mirror your keyboard for one handed usage.
- * [Tap Dance](feature_tap_dance.md) - Make a single key do as many things as you want.
- * [Terminal](feature_terminal.md) - CLI interface to the internals of your keyboard.
- * [Thermal Printer](feature_thermal_printer.md) - Connect a thermal printer to your keyboard to be able to toggle on a printed log of everything you type.
- * [Unicode](feature_unicode.md) - Unicode input support.
- * [Userspace](feature_userspace.md) - Share code between different keymaps and keyboards.